Microsoft Azure IoT Hub Platform
The technology in Microsoft Azure IoT system that allows devices to communicate with each other and the cloud is called an IoT hub. Thanks to the IoT Hub Platform of Microsoft Azure, communication between devices and cloud technology is completed in two ways.
While the device is transferring data about the current situation without stopping, the cloud transfers data to the device about new transaction orders. IoT technology is extremely safe thanks to the end-to-end secure transfer system.
The Azure platform, developed by Microsoft for IoT technologies, offers the cloud-hosted solution created for a better message transfer, compatible with many of the smart devices. The messages that will go from the cloud system to the end device are transferred with the most professional methods. Here are the basic functions of Microsoft Azure IoT Hub:
- The per-device authentication system is used to provide security.
- The built-in device management system is enabled to best manage devices and define developer actions.
- As your usage area expands, scaled provisioning operations are performed in order to perform cloud operations in a wider area.
Azure IoT Hub: New Way of Communication of Devices
While Azure IoT Hub allows you to connect millions of different devices to the Cloud at the same time, it performs scaling based on billions of data from these devices. Both the communication of the devices with each other and the bidirectional communication between the devices and the cloud are possible with the Microsoft IoT Hub.
In this context, the basic features you can find in this system can be summarized as follows:
- A maximum security-enhanced system is used for all data sent from IoT devices and sent to IoT devices.
- The system, which works fully integrated with software such as Event Grid, supports users’ application development and IoT studies.
- If users want to make hybrid IoT applications through the Azure system, the system works integrated with these works. Compatible with Azure IoT Edge, the system can also be integrated with other digital tools developed by Microsoft Azure.
Microsoft IoT Solutions: What Does Azure Provide To IoT World?
Talking about an improved compliance portfolio shown among Microsoft IoT Solutions can be useful at this point. The system, which enables IoT technologies to work in harmony with many connectivity systems, has the following features:
- Thanks to the Azure Security Center for IoT, any threats to the system can be detected immediately. Threat monitoring system makes it easier to take positions against any security problem.
- There are many virtual networking technologies that you can use to connect your IoT technology devices to the IoT hub. Different technologies create a more secure infrastructure than traditional methods because they are created from a virtual network.
- The vast majority of the most successful companies in the world directly use Microsoft Azure Cloud technology. We are talking about 95 percent of the companies in the list of the most successful companies.
- It is really simple to make Microsoft Azure compatible with your different devices and industrial systems. Because the system works integrated with all these features. In this context, Microsoft has many certificates. Microsoft has many certified documents ranging from US-based certificates to even global, industrial, and regional certificates.
Microsoft IoT Hub Technology: Making Sense of Digital World
Many SDKs will be required to use the Microsoft IoT Hub system. The SDK variants offered by IoT Hub are divided into service SDKs and device SDKs. If you wish, let’s examine both of them.
Azure IoT SDKs
Here is the general information about Azure IoT tech and its SDK offers:
- Microsoft IoT Hub service SDKs are an organization that allows you to operate and build development applications on the IoT hub system that is offered to you in general.
Through these SDK systems, you can create back-end applications, complete your messaging, schedule timing for future tasks, or send your requests for updates to the system, so as not to make manual adjustments manually.
- Microsoft IoT Hub device SDKs are great when you want to make changes to the device you want to manage. You can create applications that can run on your device in order to expand the usage functions of your devices and to create wider operating modules.
The applications you add will forward the messages you created to the device you will use via IoT Hub. While completing this transmission, telemetry is sent.
What Protocols To Be Used By Microsoft IoT System During Transfer?
The Microsoft IoT system uses a large number of protocols, both when transmitting messages and data to your device and allowing you to take action through SDKs. The use of a large number of protocols ensures that messages have a minimal delay period and positively affect the operating performance of the devices. Some of the protocols used can be listed as follows:
- AMQP over WebSockets
- MQTT over WebSockets
Azure IoT Dashboard: What You Can Do on Your Control Space?
With Azure IoT Dashboard systems, you can see and manage the features of your devices with IoT technology in a list. In addition, the dashboard has completely customizable features. In this context,
- You can set the dashboard name yourself.
- You can define the commands you want to set and make them ready to be activated.
- You can add telemetry tiles to the system to get information about the status of your devices.
- Using Logic Apps, you can send the event hub to the Power BI streaming dataset very quickly and securely.
- If you wish, you can visualize this data in order to better understand and analyze the data. While visualizing, you can use graphics and charts on the system.
Azure IoT Samples
Using Azure IoT Samples, you can easily connect your device to the IoT Core system with different coding languages. Thanks to simple samples, you can get a chance to see examples that are easy to understand and apply about how to connect your device. Trying Microsoft Azure, used by many global companies, can be a good idea for your business. Maersk, Ecolab, Texa, and Avacon are some of the companies that use this IoT system globally.
Azure IoT Hardware Products: Develop Your Way of IoT
Under the Azure IoT Hardware category, there are many tools that can be used by Microsoft to develop IoT technologies. Microsoft designed them to integrate the Azure system with all the different devices it produces. Some of the popular hardware products can be listed as follows:
- Ravi Tag
- RS40 Occupancy Sensor
- Easyfit EMDBC
- S1 Sensor
- VIA Mobile360 D700
- Wistron – Tracker
Azure and IoT: Azure IoT Suite and More
Azure IoT Suite can be defined as a specially designed kit for users to immediately start getting the best out of IoT technology. Let’s briefly examine the basic services provided to users within the framework of Amazon IoT Suite:
- Remote Monitoring
- Stream Analytics
With this feature, you will be able to remotely manage the devices you use for both industrial and individual purposes and receive incoming telemetry. The Remote Monitoring service will also support you if you want to make additional settings for specific situations on your device.
With this system, real-time data can be analyzed with advanced digital tools. The data compared with the general operating procedure of your IoT devices instantly notifies you of abnormal situations and ensures that you have complete control.
Azure and IoT technology gives you access to full source code while taking advantage of the Suite system.